Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My prayer for J

Yesterday, while in bed, J took out her baby book. After she looked it over, I looked it over and discovered the prayer I wrote for her before she was born.

I wrote, "I pray that Julie will be a healthy, happy and bright little girl. I pray you'll protect her, watch over her and guide her to a have a fulfilling life. I also pray that she will receive you as her Savior and call you her Heavenly Father in Heaven one day. And that she will always be loved and saved by Your grace. Thank you. In Jesus' precious name."

God has certainly answered my prayer for J abundantly. J is a healthy, bright and happy girl. Even when she was 4, she wanted to be baptized and understood what that meant. She is in many ways a precocious little girl. We told her she will have to wait.

Both my children will tell you they love Jesus the best, even before mommy and daddy. Sometimes, it just baffles me since I have not always shared that sentiment even after I became a Christian. I wasn't sure how my children could love someone they have never "met" and love Him more than mommy and daddy who cared for them since birth. As for me, it was only after I had started to "experience" God did I become more emotionally moved and started to feel closer to Him. When I was a little girl, I knew there is a God, though I have not heard about Jesus until I was in college or ever think we can actually have a relationship with God. But I still have a hard time fully loving God. I want to, but love is not one of those things that can be forced at will. But I digress.

Something else interesting is when J was 4 years old (documented in her baby book), she woke up scared in her room one night and dreamed that Jesus came to her and told her not to be scared and that He loves her very much. She was however still scared despite what He told her. But later in the morning, she was all smiles when she told us she dreamed about Jesus and that He came to her in her dream. :)

J has always loved the bible stories even when she is little, and now we read 1 chapter/ day from Proverbs. She and Prime asks a lot of questions and a lot of it they can actually relate. Another mom told me she misses J because she thinks J was a good moral leader in her class at her formal school. An example she shared was J would not join others girls from her class in dumping chocolate milk in the toilet and even told the teacher about what the other girls did. The girls who did it are her friends. The leader was actually one of her best friends she found early in 1st grade. Wow, I'm not sure I could have done that when I was at her age. She didn't even tell me the incident so I didn't know until this last week when the other mom told us.

Alright, I think I shared more than I would normally but I do love God and thank Him for all the blessings in my life. I thank Him for this blog and for all the people I have "met" through blog. It's a wonderful way to share some aspects of our lives. :)

1 comment:

The Free Gift said...

When J was as young as 3 she liked me to read her bible stories before she went to bed almost every night. I would also discuss some important issues with her, she would listen intently. Sometimes if mommy and J are discussing about those issues, J would say: "Daddy said ..."

Now that she can read by herself, she sometimes will read the bible by herself (if I didn't read it to her).