Monday, February 23, 2009

Best pancake recipe and knitting

We have tried lots of recipes for pancakes but this one is everyone's favorite in this house. I found this recipe originally because I had buttermilk left over from another recipe. You actually don't need any maple syrup (sweet enough, I think) nor whip cream necessarily. But the kids still love to add those. I'm actually hoping to borrow this book (all copies checked out currently) and start making some of my bread instead of buying. (That was inspired by another mom's post about "It's all about bread".)

Prime eating his pancake. He ate a lot this morning. This was after he had eaten his normal breakfast. Yet, he still finished all the pancake that was on his plate.

Here is J's scarf in progress. She has not knitted for a long time but this morning after breakfast, she went to knit again. I don't think J is knitter; she is too active; but occasionally she will knit couple rows. :) J and I took a beginner's knitting class together when she was 5. I really enjoyed it and hope to learn more but J is not really into it. Perhaps she will like it more later?

See how long it is? She started in December and has been knitting couple rows here and there. Some rows I knitted and other rows grandma knitted. But about 1/3 of of it J knitted.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! I love the pictures of your little lady knitting! That's great that you took a class with her when she was 5....I've been thinking about doing that with my girls too. You've inspired me to go ahead and just do it! Thanks for visiting my blog, it looks like we have a lot in common. Contact me anytime either at my blog or at crinklebein@yahoo.com. I also will continue to follow your blog. :)

dongdong said...

Thanks Lisa. I will. :))

Anonymous said...

Dong Dong,
W is so cute. I would put syrup or whipped cream on my pancakes too! LOL

I like the colors of J's scarf. Pretty. :)

The Free Gift said...

The pancakes are yummy and made from scratch is a plus.