Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Garden Party with Girl Scott troupe

Today is an unusually hectic day. In the morning, the kids went to their play group while I met with the ladies to do bible study. Then it was off to the bakery to decorate the cake. After that, we stopped to grab a bite to eat at Target since I needed to pick up a few things. Then J had her choir class while Prime played and I chilled out.

After the choir class, J finally got a chance to do some of her work. Then it was off to attend the Tea Party with her Girl Scout troupe at J's formal school. Once the kids from 1st grade saw J, they all said hi and some even said we miss you, J. So cute.

The girls were preparing and doing crafts for 45 minutes and while they were preparing, I read to Prime in the parent room. Prime loves to be read to and we read the whole time! His current favorite is "Goldilocks and the 3 bears".

Then we attended the garden party. Oh, it was a nice party. The girls, all dressed up, were on their best behaviors. They invited their parents in, seated us next to them, and invited us to help ourselves first to the wonderful array of snacks, including tea sandwiches (2 kinds), brownies, chips, guacamole/salsa dipping, etc. They also had fruit punch, pink lemonade, and peach herbal tea. J was the few girls who tried guacamole and I think the only one who liked it. ;-)


J at the start of the party. The girls got to use real china. :) J with her handmade hat.
Prime also enjoyed the party. I was surprised he liked the alfalfa sprouts/cucumber/cream cheese sandwich. He also loved the ham,cheese, lettuce sandwich and had two of those!

The whole gang with their wonderful troupe leaders: Mrs. Boye, and Mrs. Pulick. The girls also showed us the girl scout "squeeze" which I think is their way of showing friendship.

No comments: