Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bakery trip

Today, I took J and Prime to join our local homeschool group on a bakery trip. We were late as the original bakery closed and there was a change in plans. I didn't read the email closely so I really had to scramble today after driving to the original location only to find them out of business. But luckily, we made it in time to the new location and every one was glad we came. During the decorating, Prime already couldn't wait and licked at the icing on his finger and the owner said, " The first rule in the bakery business is no licking fingers.". :-P

J and Prime enjoyed the trip and decorated their first big cup cake. They also took home a decorated cookie and other goodies like coupons, pencil, etc.


Just getting started; making progress, putting final touches; all done. See the hat/apron?

Here is the master piece: J's is with pink frosting and Prime's is with purple frosting. They did it all by themselves.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, the cakes are so sweet.. how fun!

Thanks for the comment. Sometimes I get a little too deep and start to lose people. My husband zones out a lot because I tend to ramble.. ha!

I'm usually pretty content staying at home with the boys too, but have been worried that I am starting to become social phobic, so I have been trying to get out more recently. I know what you mean though, I can only handle so much too! Usually by the end of the day all I want is peace and quiet time to myself. :)

The Free Gift said...

The cakes look so delicious. I'll have to try some... Yummy.

--Daddy :)