Saturday, February 14, 2009

V-day (part 1)

Today we made these heart soaps. For instruction on how to make them, visit Blue Yonder.

One of them J made and one of them I made. Hard to tell which is which huh?

J hard at work shaving the soap to a heart. And here is Prime's idea of fun- pounding a needle through the soap to make a hole. Later, daddy said, that's best done with a drill. Right!

J and Prime loved cutting the soap shaving. Reminds me of mincing meat or veggies. I'm surprised that Prime holds the knife so nicely. BTW, I have saved those shavings in a pretty little bag. Not sure exactly what I'm going to do with them yet, but I will find a way to use them.

This year my sweet hubby gave me a hand made card he made himself and I got to tell you, it is the best card yet! He is such a creative writer and I think a poet at heart. Gosh, how does he keep coming up ideas like that? I personally cannot write amazing love letters/card, etc. When it comes to writing love cards or any cards in fact, I seem to have a one track mind or needs some serious inspiration. :( J love to read daddy's cards to me, every one of them. So today is no exception, she read it out aloud to Prime since he wanted to know too. :) Two little nosy kids. LOL.

No comments: