Prime has been taking karate class and has been to class I think a total of 3 times. Anyway, his "sensei" (teacher in Japanese) has assigned 10 moves the children needs to practice. Daddy has been trying to teach Prime but today I took over the teaching. And the first thing I did was the give each of the movement a name and write it down so I can try and memorize it myself. This was definitely a good practice in mid line crossing for everyone and every one had a tough time in the beginning except daddy.
Well, I think there are 2 things going on; first you have to memorize the moves, then you have to make sure you are doing it with the correct arm or leg. The moves alternate between left and right always. But the arm/leg movement don't always come one after the other.
In fact, the sequence is arm,leg,arm, arm, arm, arm, leg,leg, leg, combo. Needless to say, it takes some concentration to learn the moves. J also joined in the practice and had some fun. But it took alot of encouragement to keep J/PRIME to continue to work at it, especially in the beginning.
But finally, both kids pretty much got it. I put a love stamp on the kids' right hand to help them distinguish their left and right. And Prime ended with stamps not only on both of his hand, but also on his feet while J stamped both hands and wrote the odd # on her right hand and even # on her left hand to help her.
I'm also feeling much better today. So a big thank you to everyone who left me kind/encouraging comments. Hugs and love to all of you. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment