I remember when she just started 1st grade, she read "Junie B Jones" and sat there and read for over an hour totally absorbed and happy. So I know she is capable but I think the reading material I have gotten for her has not been working out for her. But I do still want her to read books that are well written but at the same time she can sink into and enjoy.
We have been reading from Enki K stories this last week and J seem to have enjoyed those better than the Enki 1st grade stories. Maybe tomorrow I will try another 1st grade story and see how that goes. But I'm looking for books she can read independently and for chapter books we can read together.
I'm also contemplating on trying some reading materials suggested in "The well-trained mind" by Susan Wise Bauer and Jesse Wise and see how J likes those.
On a more cherry note, as part of Enki's "artistic digestion", J made these on the wool board today for "The Crystal Queen".
+037.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment