Thursday, February 26, 2009

Labor of love: no-sew blanket

I had originally wanted to send my friend a no-sew blanket for her new born baby as a gift. Finally, I had a little time yesterday and brought the materials. Of course, J and Prime wanted to make one for themselves. So since the little ones (pillow blanket) are 1/2 off, I brought each of them one. Last night, we experimented with Prime's Pooh bear blanket and he just loved it and has been carrying around with him ever since. My kids love, love blankets. I think that comes from a natural extension of living in a state that has a cold winter.

Anyway, J wanted to make her blanket today and so we did. I tell you, it was a lot of work and their blanket is a really small one! I think it is much easier to just buy a blanket. But it was a good learning experience for the kids.

J had trouble cutting the fleece in the beginning as it is not easy to cut the fabric. Plus, I think my scissors are not the best but after some practice on scraps, she was able to cut and did cut. Prime worked on knotting the blankets. So that was good thing for him. Those fine motor skills!


The kids working hard on the blanket. Prime wanted to help too! He is tying the knots.

J with her new no-sew blanket. Prime making good use of the scraps. He says TMNT have a headband just like that so he put it on too. He did that all by himself. J was surprised the scrap stretched that long. :) I was surprised he knotted it himself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey my new mommy friend! I have nominated you for a Lemonade Award. :)

See my post here:
http://ladybugsdandelions.blogspot.com/2009/02/ive-been-given-award.html

The Free Gift said...

Prime and J are so cute!

Lisa said...

What a terrific idea! We will have to try one.