Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fairy Cooking- #1

I borrowed this book from the library. What a fun cook book! The first recipe we tried is "Fairy muffins" since J said she wanted to make this first. We made everything from scratch, down to the icing. I have come really a long way, if I do say so myself. Before, my idea of baking is adding in egg, water, and oil and bake. This is what love do to you, I tell you.


Here is the book. Here is Prime cutting butter and J oiling the muffin holes. (they loved this activity; they call it painting because of the brush) Both kids did these activities.

J cracking the egg. The most fun part: tasting different ingredients; They loved the powdered sugar. Here are my happy fairies. I accidentally said J is boy fairy and that made the kids laugh really hard for a while. ;-)
Can some real fairies join us? We have more of these. The candle is how it was shown in the book. We plan on trying out some other recipes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

I will have to look for that book when we drop off the books we have...thanks for sharing the book. The muffins look yummy!

Lisa said...

These look so tasty! Just the thing my girls love!