Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tea junkie

Another mom (Lisa) had a post of called "herbal tea junkie!!!" so I decided to copy the idea and say I'm for sure one too. :)

Now my kids are not much tea drinkers yet, but they still have a favorite: it is Chinese "milk tea". Many Chinatown have those kinds of milk tea, many flavors and many people love them. This 3:15 break tea also comes in other flavors. But my kids especially love the strawberry and original. You can also find them in Chinese grocery stores.
Here is the kids' favorite, but they also like those in 2nd picture, esp. J. She really likes the Aveda tea. In fact, our whole family really likes that one. I don't think my kids tried those "Just for Kids" herbal tea as they have not really been sick for probably 1 1/2 years (Praise the Lord!) but I have been drinking those when I don't feel well. :)

Maybe tomorrow I will try what Lisa did with her children; study the herbs and tea leaves using our 5 senses. What a great idea that is. I use to do that with my kids when they were younger, similar to what they do in Montessori schools. Sort of forgot. So Lisa, thank you for the wonderful idea.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Milk tea? I've never experienced that type before. We will have to search some out. Thanks for the tip! Thank you so much for the nice words. Have fun with the kiddos taking the tea bags apart...I bet they will start drinking more after this activity! :)