Despite the fact I am still feeling under the weather, we got quite a bit done today. Luckily, daddy was home in the afternoon so that was a big help. He worked with Prime on his number beads and says its good practice for Prime to count. Prime also started to move the beads by twos even though he counts them one at a time.
Both kids went to the dentist this afternoon;Prime for his bi-annual cleaning and J to do some dental work; both came home happy. J came back with a toy harmonica and Prime came back with his goodies, which comprises of these blue jelly man which he seem to like a lot and collects.
I have decided to add grammar lesson for J. The book we are using is called "First Language lessons for the well trained mind" by Jessie Wise. Today we did our first lesson- "Introducing Nouns". This is a review for J as she had already learned it at her formal school. But I think working on grammar for 5-10 minutes a day is very feasible.
Daddy brought back the books I requested from the library and one of the them was "My father's Dragon" by R. S. Gannett recommended by two other Enki moms. This is the first book that J and I both read silently together. J liked this book a lot and finished it in no time. Prime wanted to read this book too but I didn't have the energy today to read it to him out loud, but I think he will also enjoy this book.
We also read the Enki K fairytale, -"Black Geese" and "Water Nixie" which both of the kids enjoyed.
Now when I'm well enough, I plan on doing more crafts and more baking with the kids. I spend some time scouting out various craft ideas for Valentine's Day today and found lots of good idea. :) I feel as if my mind is racing but my body is just not cooperating and telling me to rest. Okay, back to bed.
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a busy day. You have the right idea to go back to bed & rest. :)
Wow, you have been busy. I just caught up a little bit. I hope you feel better soon. It's awful being sick when there is so much to do!! Take care!
Post a Comment