Thursday, February 19, 2009

Chill out Day and Yoga

This morning, I declared today as a "Chill out" day to the kids. Mainly because I really need to take care of mundane like fold the laundry, clean the bathroom, vacuum the house and just chill out and relax. My to do list seem to be getting longer and I think my head is spinning and feeling overwhelmed at all that I need to do. I need to get a haircut very bad, do grocery shopping (out of milk and veggies) , pick up my contacts, pick up Sunday school lessons for which I will be doing. So I told the kids they don't need to do any of their normal stuff and we are going to do some of the things we haven't done for a while like learning a new song, jump like crazy (which we did today over some package bubbles) and some crafts if I can get myself to the store and buy the necessary materials. Okay, so chill out day might not quite the right words.

And I'm so glad we decide to skip out on the "mugs and muffin" at my friend's house. I haven't seen her for a long time but right now, I just feel too busy and need to take care of some of what I consider urgent/important.

Anyway, after putting some of the clothes away, and some cleaning, I do feel better. Since I feel I haven't done anything for myself lately, I decided to do my yoga for a change and focus on myself for a while. Surprisingly, the kids were all super excited about it too. They love to do yoga with me and have made some marked improvements especially Prime.

Anyway, my favorite DVD on yoga and the only yoga DVD I have is "Dance the Chakras with Ana Brett and Ravi Singh". This is a form of Kundalini yoga and combines my love for dance with yoga. I also went to Kripalu few years ago for some R&R and that was enjoyable. I love the forest there; it really drew me closer to nature. And the food was fabulous. It was mostly vegetarian but very yummy and nourishing. It was all about listening to yourself and very relaxing. Of course the daily massages and just show up and eat also helped! :)

My hubby has issues with the yoga chanting so I don't chant much and there are some parts in the DVD that I normally don't do. But the beauty of it is you can create your own workout and pick the ones you like. When I get a chance, I would like to read up on different styles of yoga and learn more about yoga.

Alright, now I got to go try out a new recipe for bananas. I got too many overly ripe bananas sitting there. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day whatever it is you are doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do Yoga too? So do we. :)