For J, she brought her 1 pair of athletic pant, and 1 yellow ranger which J really wanted. She also got them, 2 $1 stickers, and $1 rubber stamps (most every thing is from Target) which they wanted. Can you not tell, that's a favorite store of ours? She actually paid for other miscellaneous items, like $1 bubble gum, my coffee, card stock paper (that's for J to make her own card) and a box of chocolates. I was going to pay for my coffee and J's card stock paper but she said she will.
When grandma C asked J if she wanted any clothes, J actually said no, she doesn't really need any and I was secretly pretty impressed/happy that she is not greedy. Later, I saw the sweat pant on sale and asked her if she wanted it, and she did. The thing with J is she only likes athletic pants; she doesn't like jeans, corduroy or I think anything with a button or/zipper and I knew she would like it and it was on sale for a really good price.
You might not think what grandma C got them is that much, but it's actually huge. Anyway, I'm not sure what made Grandma C change her mind, but today, just let me say she was in a very generous mood. Later, my hubby told me that grandma C thinks Prime and J are old enough to know what they wanted, and she hasn't spent much time buying presents in the past for the kids so she wants to treat them. She always wants to spend time with her grand kids but under her current circumstances she could not. I think the role of grandparents is not to spoil their grand kids but to treat them on special occasions (if they can afford to, of course). So I think today was one of those days that the kids got their special treat from their grandma C. Right after Prime got his TMNT, he said, "Grandma is really nice." :-) She sure is!
+002.jpg)
+004.jpg)
Prime with his grandma and J with her daddy.
1 comment:
I was surprised by Grandma C. She took out a wad of Jacksons. She said get whatever they want. J pointed at some of the toys but I thought they were not worth the money. So I told J not to get it. I told Prime and J not to be greedy.
Post a Comment