Friday, February 27, 2009

Exploring

Today was a day of exploring. We experimented make froth (brought the instrument yesterday) and that was fun but little messy. See the picture of spattered milk? We will have try again tomorrow and see if we can do it w/o being such a mess. :)



Next we played with bean bag, good tactile experience for the kids. (We brought bean bags first then later made our own using corduroy and beans). This idea is from Enki education and I was surprised to find that walking and counting by 2's and tossing a bean bag from one hand to another is not as easy as it looks. ha-ha.

Finally, certainly not the least, we did take a look at the tea leaves. I had 6 kinds for the kids to smell and feel and explore. Pure Chamomile, Romance (apple bits, Hibiscus blossoms, rose hips, elderberries, raspberry pieces, strawberry pieces/leaves, vanilla pieces) and Chrysanthemum tea. We also had Aveda tea (licorice root, peppermint leaf, sweet fennel, basil), pure peppermint tea, and wood betony tea (good for headaches).

After all this, the kids were ready for some tea themselves. J chose Aveda tea, and Prime chose the Giraffe which is the Organic kids tea (for throat). I told him that tea is for when your throat hurts and after little while, he comes to me and says, mommy, my throat hurts. ;-)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love the throat hurts comment from your little guy!! That is the best tasting tea! I want to try the Aveda tea....I love licorice and fennel...such warming flavors! Great post, the girls and I loved reading about your experiences with teas!