If you have been following my blog, you will know I have written about my daughter J who has been loving the trickster stories, and even my son, Prime likes them a lot and loves to hear them over and over. Prime loves 1 trickster story in particular, and that is Zomo the rabbit.
He did a very animated retelling of the story this morning. I wish I could have written it down. He used a lot of "and then" but no "ums" which I was suprised. Perhaps that is because he knows the story well. You can tell he really enjoys retelling the story as he is smiling/mischevious the whole time he is telling you the story. I was suprised he did such a fabulous job. I am not sure J or I could have done a better job than Prime.
Then under the direction of "Director J", they put on a play about it with Prime acting as Zomo and J alternating between big fish, wild cow and the leopard who Zomo stole from (scales, milk, and tooth, respectively) in order to gain wisdom from the Sky God.
As props, they used bunny ears head band (to dipict Zomo), lamb ears(for the wild cow's horns), Tony's the Tiger's hat (for the leopard), blue silks for the fish's scales, a mask ( as bucket to catch wild cow's milk) and baby bottle(as leopard's tooth).
It was great fun for all especially the kids as they just totally love it and in their best element. :)
They have also been enjoying the Adventure of Brer rabbit and friends and is currently planning to put on a show about Brer Rabbit vs. Zomo the rabbit.
2 comments:
We just recently read "Anansi the Spider" but it wasn't until going to the link you posted that I realized it was a part of the same series. How neat! I love that they acted it out. It's wonderful to hear that your kids get so excited about telling stories. :)
What a wonderful way to experience the story! Thank you for sharing this.
Post a Comment