Thursday, March 19, 2009

Inspired by Erin (and the beastie boys)

I have never officially heard of The Beastie boys, but we heard similar stuff on what Erin posted "So what so what so whatchu want? Whachu want?" Now I know where my hubby get the "Whachu want" from. He uses that with me sometimes and I was always like where did he get this from? :)

Anyway, I adapted the lyric a little bit, and I came up with this to use on my kids. It's goes like,

"Whatcha ya gotta do when you (add whatever you like)" to the tune of hip hop or maybe even rap or maybe Beatie boys ; I'm not sure. But when I need the kids to do something, I say for example, "Whatcha ya gotta do when you finish your food," and my kids will say, "put in the sink!"

Now the kids really like it and pick it up fast and uses it on each other especially J. She uses with Prime A LOT! LOL. She just did it again and it was very funny. I guess it works better than nagging. We will see.

Didn't someone say the kids learn most not by what we tell them, but by what they see us do. Case in point.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Lol.. It's good to know the Beastie Boys are helping make cleaning up a little more fun! Maybe I should try that with my kids. :)

Lisa said...

I am so cracking up at this post Dong Dong!!!

Tammy said...

Oh this is funny! I remember the Beastie Boys, but it's been a long time since I've thought of them. This was fun to read. :)