Another update: Doctor A (J's Pediatrician) says J got a viral infection and there is nothing she can give to J to help her heal fast. Just lots of rest and plain Tylenol if necessary and ride it out. As for the nose, she couldn't offer much explanation, just that her nose is irritated. And if it continues, cauterization might be necessary. I had to have it done for my nose; suffice to say, its not fun! Read below about Nasal Cauterization on Wikipedia:
"If a person has been having frequent nose bleeds, it is most likely caused by an exposed blood vessel in their nose. Even if the nose is not bleeding at the time, it is cauterized to prevent future bleeding. The different methods of cauterization include burning the affected area with acid, hot metal, lasers, or silver nitrate. Such a procedure is naturally quite painful. Sometimes liquid nitrogen is used as a less painful alternative, though it is less effective. In the few countries that permit the use of cocaine for medicinal purposes, it is occasionally used topically to make this procedure less uncomfortable, cocaine being the only local anesthetic which also produces vasoconstriction, making it ideal for controlling nosebleeds."
Unfortunately, Prime has also caught the viral infection, probably from J. He is also coughing and running a temperature. He also been having very minor nose bleeds all day, 5-6 times already. Another one is here as I type.
I was hoping to attend an important open house on CC tomorrow. I have been looking forward to go. I guess we won't be able to go. I take that as a sign as we are not meant to join CC for some reason I don't know about.
Perhaps God will open another door for us? I sure hope so. Hopefully, we will be able to connect with more homeschoolers and J/Prime will actually be able to play with other homeschoolers regularly, and not just take classes with other homeschoolers. Ever since J has been home schooled, her friends has pretty much stayed the same.
4 comments:
I just read (getting caught up)about J's trip to urgent care. I am sending healing thoughts her way!!
J's pediatrician check out her blood work. It's viral and no bacterial infection. Her iron and blood are normal. So, she did not lose enough blood to be a concern. When I was trying to stop her nosebleed this morning, J looked like she was passing out--that's what was scaring me.
J's pediatrician also checked out Prime's frequent nosebleeds. She warned Prime: Stop putting your finger up your nose. I knew he was picking his nose when he gets nosebleed.
Good news about J's bloodwork! :) I so hope she never needs to get a cauterization done! Dongdong, do you remember it being that painful. Well wishes to you all.
Yep, I remember it pretty well for someone who can't remember things well. What I remember the most is the blue fire and lying there helplessly knowing I have no other choice. :(
Post a Comment