Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cursive writing

I think sometime early in 1st grade, J learned to write her name in cursive. As I didn't want to teach her that in 1st grade, I asked her if she can wait til she is 2nd grade, then I will get her some practice sheets if she wants to learn. But whenever she write her name or there is somewhere that needs her signature, J always write her full name in cursive.

Anyway, while I was taking a shower this morning, J asked daddy to show her how to write names of everyone in our family in cursive. She did those and also practiced writing hello and good-bye.

She has also tried to write alphabet 8's before (the 8 is horizontal and you write the alphabet on the 8). That was found in 1st grade Enki material but that might also be a Waldorf idea. I'm not sure. Anyway, she had no problem with those. I just hope the same for Prime when he is doing 1st grade.

No comments: