Here is our reading list for the week
1. Roman Numerals I to MM by Arthur Geisert
2. One Hundred is a Family by Pam M Ryan (Prime liked this one)
3. Not in box by Antoinette Portis
4. The Three Questions (based on a story by Leo Tolstory) by Jon J. Muth (J liked this one)
5. What's the big Idea, Ben Franklin? by Jean Fritz (audio)
6. Flowers by Lynn Stone
7. Fresh from the Family Farm (Video) by Z Media (the kids really like this and asked to renew)
8. If you lived in Colonial times (still reading, little bit at a time)
*** We are also reading other books which I posted earlier***
I'm reading :
1. Roots, Shoots Buckets and Boots by Sharon Lovejoy
2. A kids' herb book by Lesley Tierra (Lisa recommended)
3. Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv (Lisa recommended) Kids are listening to stories from this book .
4. Learning all the time by John Holt
5. Painting with Children by Brunhild Muller (Waldorf's way)
Yesterday, a friend of ours asked what J's "favorite subject" was and she said it was grammar. :) I think that is because our grammar session is super short, 5 minutes a day. J really like the pace, nice and slow but over time it does accumulate. Since we have started, she memorized 2 poems, did quite a few summaries and has been learning all about nouns and practicing to answer questions in complete sentences.
3 comments:
I love all of the books by Sharon Lovejoy, she has so many good ideas.
That's a great list of books. I recognize and have enjoyed many of them. I'd like to read Roots, Shoots, Buckets and Boots...I'm off to see if I can get it from my library. :)
Yes, the science experiment works! :) Volcanos will give an immediate effect ~ just do them outside. Enjoy the journey!
Post a Comment