Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day of reading and rest


It's funny how J colored this picture this morning. She and Prime are both fighting the last bits of the viral infection and have been pretty quiet. Prime came down stairs this morning not really himself. He is still coughing quite a bit.

Despite not feeling so great, he still insists on going to Borders. He wanted to go last night, but J was too tired so I told him we will have to wait especially since daddy was not home. Today, we went to a near by mall where I finally got my glasses adjusted and did a little spring shopping for myself ( I got a sunny-yellow 3/4 sleeve spring sweater). And the kids sat in Borders the whole time looking at books. J actually finished a chapter book there (think it was one of rainbow fairies book). And daddy read Prime many books.

Now both kids are napping. They are catching up on all the missed sleep. And the house is quiet and I can do a little blogging and reading of my own while sipping my very comforting tea. I might take a little nap myself later. :)

Yesterday, it was 70 degrees and today it is 30's and raining. Ah, yesterday was perfect. I can use more days like yesterday. We saw people wearing t-shirts/shorts.

3 comments:

dawn klinge said...

We're sort of having a quiet reading/rest day at my house today as well...love those kind of days!

Lisa said...

Despite the cold, it sounds like you had a good day....for yourself a little too! :) After the troublesome week you've had I bet that sunny-yellow sweater, quiet reading and a cup of tea was a real nice moment for you!

Shona Leah said...

I hope everyone feels better, it seems to have caught a lot of us this winter. A day of Border's, spring shopping & napping quiet house sounds lovely :0)