I hope I'm not being overly optimistic but J seem to be on the mend.
After a horrifying episode of nose bleed last night, J seems to be acting like herself now. Here is what daddy says about last night's bleed, "If I apply the pressure point a little off, the blood would go down her throat or come out of her eyes (depending on her position)." The bleed lasted two hours and daddy was ready to take her to ER while saying one last desperate prayer, and it stopped. Thank you, God.
Anyway, we had more pretty serious nose bleeds today, but none as bad as the one last night. After being in bed most of the day, J seems more energetic now probably at least in big part to some fever reducing/cough medicine I gave her. She is not out of the woods yet as she is still coughing but she is more energetic and not so sick-looking. Hopefully, she will continue to be more like herself...knock on wood. I read to her "The wheel on the School" by Meindert DeJong while she rested today and that was a wonderful book. J really enjoyed listening but I couldn't read-aloud for too long.
Lisa, thank you so much for your comments and well wishes. We really appreciate it. :)
Prime had a good day, despite having a nose bleed from this morning. I am not sure why my kids seem to get nose bleed so frequently. Fortunately, most of the time is pretty minor. I cleaned their nose today with hydrogen peroxide and put Vaseline in their nose (recommendation from few different people).
Prime is such a good little brother. He left J alone and let her rest and occupied himself really well. Now he is playing brother to "a sick lamb" all wrapped in a little blanket. He is giving his lamb some "medicine."
Anyway, here is hoping tomorrow will be a much better day and we will be able to start our week healthy. I know what I need is good night rest. Sweet dreams, everyone. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment