Friday, March 20, 2009

a little bit of this and a little bit of that

Some of you might have already seen this, but Teaching Handwork blog shows you how to do a double loop finger knit. Anyway, I tried it out and it was fun. Here is the link if you are interested.


Here is mine. Kids younger than kinder can do this, so she says. Anyway, my kids want to make it so we went to hunt for some nicely colored yarn for them to double loop. And those are what the kids picked out. Prime's colors are bold and J's color are springy. They haven't made it yet. They came back and wanted to play tennis and got their rackets and balls out. But I suggested they jump instead.

On our neighbor's trampoline. It's still chilly where I live but the sun is nice. They are having a ball. I can still hear them. :) I love that about spring and the pretty flowers which I'm looking forward to seeing.

I also got these seeds packets and hope to plant them. I wonder where I should plant the sunflowers. Anyone know when sunflowers can be planted? I'll have to do some research.


The kids set up outside a local Blockbuster video and sold lots of cookies. J was on the first shift (1 hour). It was really cold so when there was no one, the girls laid inside a fellow mom's minivan. It was a good experience for J as she doesn't talk to strangers and acts very differently if we don't know the person. ( I think this might be my fault, taught her this a little too well).

3 comments:

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Thanks for the link to the finger knitting site, I've been wanting to try this with my 6 year old as well! I also just bought sun flower seeds and am not sure when I can plant them... I guess I'll need to do some "googling" :)
I love your daughter's princess spring watercolor.

dawn klinge said...

I think sunflowers are hardy flowers that like the sun.
Have fun with the finger knitting. My daughter loves it so much that on a long car trip, she made a strand so long that we used it as a garland on the Christmas tree!

Lisa said...

I just found your blog this morning and really enjoyed it! Homeschooling is an adventure and a gift. Enjoy every moment!