J's favorite question, can I (still) play? ( or variation thereof. Haven't you been playing?- I restrain myself and say, sure.) She says, "Yeah, mommy say we can still play." and runs off happily to find Prime.
Not to bore you all with all the details, I will share some of the pictures from our day.
Priming the rocks.
+031.jpg)
Cooking. J making one of her favorite lunch, macaroni and cheese. Making rice crispy, and squeezing the marshmallow.
+004.jpg)
cleaning up after his mess. This is initiated by J. She taught Prime "Pledge of allegiance" a while back. This is the start of their "school". Then J had Prime do a show and tell with the flag. J pretends to be teacher and says she is Miss J and asks Prime to call her as such. She shares and explains Prime's work like a teacher.
This is from the past weekend. I forgot about it. She pretty much taught her by watching the video. I tried to show her, but she said she rather watch the video. Alright, and there she goes.
8 comments:
They definitely look like they're having fun. ;) J is doing great with the finger knitting!
looksliek they are doing plenty of learning, I think the stuff they discover away from a book is the stuff they will remembr. discovery is so important,
Directed fun activities is a lot better than laughing and running wild kind of fun. Did they save some rice crispy for me?
I love that they are playing school!
Brings back so many fun memories! That was one our favorite things to do as kids. We had some old school desks my mom had collected, a chalkboard, and a rug in the basement.. and that was our "Classroom"!
And It sounds to me as though they are learning through play. :)
painting rocks should be fun.
Just discovered your blog-looks like you've got a lot of interesting stuff going on!
What's the video??? Curious, curious..... What a great day! Playing school was the best when my sisters and I were little, fond memories. I can't wait to see the rocks when they are finished.
BTW, I love it that your hubby comments on your blog, you don't see that very much. Michael, your a great hubby for supporting your wife! :)
HI Lisa
here is the link to the video:
http://teachinghandwork.blogspot.com/2009/03/u-tube-double-finger-looping.html#links
I posted it on one of my earlier posts too. But hopefully this link will do too. :) It's by Teaching Handwork.
Post a Comment