Monday, March 30, 2009

5 years old (maybe 6) logic

I just want to share something I saw the other day.

This boy who looked like he is about 5, maybe 6 y.o was standing before the cashier. He looked up at her directly and said very proudly, "I have a lot of money." The cashier says, "Really? Good for you. " I think she believes him since the boy looked so confident. Then the boy put on the counter a pack of candy and also give the cashier a quarter. The cashier looks at the candy and the money, then says, "That is not enough. Do you have any more money?" The boy shakes his head but then says, " How about you give this to me for free?" The cashier says, " Why don't we wait for your daddy and he can pay for it."

I was standing in line right after them and had a hard time holding my laughter. The boy said it so seriously and confidently then what a bold move in negotiation. Love it. :)

4 comments:

Joy said...

That's really cute. It's so funny what they determine is "alot". :)

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Haha Thanks for sharing that was awesome :)

Lisa said...

My son has done the same thing! It doesn't hurt to ask!:)

The Girl with the Golden Quill said...

I love it! This logic starts way earlier than 5 or 6! My 3.5 year old thinks like this all the time!

I am glad you found my blog, feel free to stop by anytime.

BTW-your children are beautiful! My daughter thinks they look like her cousins. She has one from Korea and two from Taiwan (who live in China!)