J/Prime took out their time puzzle and played with it this morning. J can read the clocks pretty good so she sorts the puzzles like all the 5 o'clocks (5:00,5:25,etc) goes in 1 pile and the 6 o'clocks goes in another. Even though she knows how to tell time, she enjoys playing too. And when siblings play together, there is always a little squabbling going on. "Hey, don't take mine!" "You mean I can't play?" retorts the other child. But after a little while, they are back to their helpful self and moving on to a different activity.
J is learning the rhythm of the day (i.e when she normally gets up, it could not be 12noon or 2pm, stuff like that). She has learned that daddy always come back little after 6pm as the kids play hide-n-seek and they learned by themselves if they start hiding at 5pm, it will be a long time before daddy comes back and looks for them. :) And J runs out of her hiding place to look again and again and again at the clocks. LOL!
But Prime is learning to tell time mostly by himself. He takes a time, ie 5:25 and goes through the clocks. "no. not this one, hmm, let's see... is it this one? nope, doesn't fit. Ah..yes, got it!" So cute. I love to watch my kids learning to figure out things for themselves. When they figure it out themselves, it is such a confidence booster for them. I experience that myself too.
+001.jpg)
+003.jpg)
+006.jpg)
Nope, doesn't fit. Yep, I think this one is good. I think I got it!
+005.jpg)
Put it in the matched-up pile. :)
1 comment:
What a good way to get the kids to learn independently.
Post a Comment