Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sick day learning

J is on the up swing. I'm not sure if its Sambucol suggested by Rosalyn and web page later provided by LBD, but I did purchase it at our local pharmacy and the kids have been taking it regularly since last night. J is not coughing as bad as she was and therefore she seem to have more energy. Thanks, ladies!!

We read quite a bit today, mostly fairy tale. But we also read like 5 chapters from Psalms. The Enki fairy tale we read this morning is called "Lubachaka". In the afternoon, I read 2 Italian fairy tales in Chinese to J and Prime. They also did some clay modeling in the morning, as well as listened to some music. Prime also played by himself while J did a little finger string games.

In the afternoon, the kids rested while Prime even felt asleep for a little while. Then they colored, first J, then Prime. I was suprised at the patience Prime had shown in his coloring today. Later, we watched a video- Ocean by EyeWitness. We all love this series of dvd/video and watch them regularly. I learn lots of new information too. I usually borrow books on the subject and read it to them before hand so they have some idea when they watch the video.

Today, the video was saying how our earth spins, Prime says, "Oh, I know! That's like what the Enki song says, round, and round the earth is turning...." I love these ah-ha moments. :) I also love the fact even on sick days as another mom points out in her blog, the kids are still learning.


Here is our home made color pencil holder which daddy kindly sewed for us at my request. (He knows how to use the sewing machine, not me. I do hand sewing. )


This is colored by Prime. He read the verse all by himself.

This is colored by J. J memorized her scripture.

2 comments:

FrontierDreams said...

how sweet! i keep meaning to check out enki.

dongdong said...

HI, Nicole Spring

Thanks for stopping by. I enjoyed browsing your blog too. What fun! Enki's link is http://www.enkieducation.org/