Saturday, March 28, 2009

Books and more

More books we read and are reading. Can you tell we love books? I would say we probably go to the library at least 2 times a week. I have to pick up my hold items and have lots on request. :) Usually we go to a park with a nice play structure nearby afterward where the kids play and I read. :) Sometimes, we also go to school playground if school is not in session. :) J and Prime love to run in the open field and I love to watch them and soak it all in. :)

1. First the egg by Laura V Seegar (this book is really cute)
2. Just like heaven by Patrick McDonnell (creator of the Mutt's comic strip)
3. Trickster stories by Gerald McDremott
a. Zomo The Rabbit (Prime and J loved this one too)
b. The Magic Tree (J's favorite)
c. Papagayo (J loved)
d. Raven (J loved)
e. Coyote (this one is okay, says J)
f. The Fox and the Stork (J loved)
4. Math-terpieces (The art of problem solving) by Greg Tang
5. This little Light of Mine, adapted by Rachel Lisberg (cd + story)
6. Daisy Jane - Best Ever Flower Girl by Megan McDonald
7. Animal Talk by Melissa McDaniel
8. Count your Way through Afria by Jim Haskins (haven't read)
9. Too many Leprechauns by Stephen Krensky (Fabulous book, we all loved this one)
10. Number Puzzles by Rose Griffiths (Prime wanted this one. He wants his own calculator)
11.Farmer's Market Rounding by Julie Dalton (I might try this with J and have her bring a little notebook when we go to our get our fruit/veggies)
12. Japanese Celebrations- Cherry Blossoms, Lanterns and Stars by Betty Reynolds (haven't read)
13. If you made a million by David M. Shwartz (haven't read)
**** J is also reading The Tale of Despereaux" (Fabulous book)***************

Here are few more pictures from yesterday:

They played for a long time in the sand box. This is one of J's favorite activity, getting the bark off the tree. She is afraid to use a knife, so she uses a nail. She wants to make her own knitting needles and that is why she is doing it in case you are wondering.


Look at the mostly bare stick. :) Prime wanted me to take a picture of his creation. He is happy with it and says that it is a castle. J put the nail in there and says that is the "top".

2 comments:

Joy said...

I'm glad you liked Too Many Leprechauns, and I'm glad J's enjoying Tale of Despereaux. We really like Math-terpieces. :)

That is SO sweet that she wants to make her own knitting needles.

dongdong said...

Was it you who recommended Too Many Leprechauns? I knew I got that from somewhere, just couldn't remember where.

I always look for book recommendations, since I haven't read that many books myself but I love to read. I try to find the books off your spring list. Many we just can't get unless we buy. But a few we can get a hold of so I'm excited. :)Thanks!!