Monday, March 16, 2009

Reading books for the week

I have decided to write down the books we read each week so I can go back and find it later for Prime if need to be and just to track our reading progress. Maybe others will find some use. I always look up other recommended books.

J's reading list
1. Knitting Nell by J. Roth (read) Love it!
2. Mercy Watson to the Resue by Kate Dicamillo (read) Love it!
3. A Picture Book of Benjamin Franklin by David A. Adler
4. Forest Fire! by Mary Ann Frazer (read) Love it!
5. American Kids in History Colonial Days By David C. King (read) Fabulous!
6. Greek Myth by Geraldine McCaughrean (work in progress) Good to read it one story at a time.
7. Katie Kazoo Switcheroo Get Lost by Nancy Krulik J love most books in this series.
8. If You lived in Colonial Times by Ann McGovern Fabulous! 9. Beginning to end Sheep to Sweater by Julie Murray
10. Anno's math games III by Mitsumasa Anno Prime love this book a lot even though it is more for J but works for him too!
11. A handful of Dirt by Raymond Bial I really like this more than the kids. :)
12. Caterpillar by mulitple authors


Prime's reading list
1. Eloise has a lesson by Kay thompson Love it!
2. Harold and the purple crayon Race Car by Liza Baker
3. Maket Day by Amery and Cartwright
4. Zen Shorts by Jon J. Muth
5. Where are you going? To See My Friend by E. Carle & K. Iwamura
6. Alphabet Town
a. Raccoon's adventure,
b. Fox's adventure,
c.. Kangaroo's adventure,
d. Goat's adventure,
e.Quarterback's adventure by Janet mcDonnell Prime love this series of books and we use it to work on his reading skills informally. Previously read Nightingale's adventure, Bear's adventure, and few others. He doesn't like me to return them but when he finds I borrowed others for him, he is thrilled. :)

5 comments:

Joy said...

We just read Sheep to Sweater over the weekend. Funny enough, Finn was most drawn to it.

Lisa said...

Kate Dicamillo's books are the BEST!!! Great job by the way on the followers box! :)

dongdong said...

Lisa- really? That's one of the books the library is holding a book discussion for 1st and 2nd graders.

Joy said...

I agree Kate DiCamillo's books are the best. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane and The Tale of Despereaux are our favs.

dongdong said...

Thanks, Joy. J really love the book. She is reading it aloud to Prime as I type here.