I asked her a while a go, how she would describe herself, and the first word she said very quickly was, "funny!" with a big smile. I said, you mean, you think you are very funny as in you can make others laugh? And she said with a goofy smile and a bit shy this time, "Yeah" . :) Not the first word I would use to describe J, but okay. She can Prime laugh a lot and when Prime was a baby, we always relied on J to make Prime laugh very hard so I guess that's about right.
When she has some energy, she played with the clay model I bought for the kids just yesterday. Look what she made.
Those are characters from Veggie Tales.She also wanted to play Blokus (maybe its the medicine, the girl got a little extra energy all of a sudden), and because I blocked her, she lost and was crying and didn't even put up her last few pieces. :( I had to tell her, crying just does not help you that much. I know, I can be harsh but that's how it is . I understand she is frustrated and upset, but she needs to learn to redirect that energy and put it to good use and not cry so easily. Just how I feel.
Later, after some beautiful Andre Bocelli music, J was playing the piano again. :) Overall, she is not in a great mood and not acting like herself. That at least I can sympathize with. Back to bed she goes.
I'm looking for a piano teacher for her and if I find a good one at a reasonable price, we will give it a try. But the advice I received from a good friend, is be ready to quit. Well, I'm ready. When J doesn't show much interest in it and agrees to quit, we will. I don't feel it is a waste of money to try...how would I know other wise?
1 comment:
just found your blog via Tree of Life Homeschool's blog. love seeing what you do each day. i have three young ones, and it's great to see what other families do and draw inspiration from them! (btw, my middle child, who is 4, was reading over my shoulder and INSTANTLY recognized bob the tomato!) thanks!
Post a Comment