Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hand made Greek toy

This is a Greek craft from our study of Greek Mythology- the famous Trojan horse. Daddy made this toy for the kids at my request and the kids painted. J have been pulling and playing with this toy a lot. (I forgot the book's title from which the idea came from, but it had lots of good idea. I just don't have time to do them- a lot of them are too difficult for J's age. ) There is also a pouch in which you can put candy or other trinkets (where the soldiers hid). But the kids haven't really done anything with that yet.



Anyway, I think this is our first hand made semi-wooden toy. :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Fantastic! Love how he made it out of craft sticks.

Erin said...

I've been wanting to start studying Greek Mythology with my kids soon. I was trying to look for some books on it at the library the other day, but little one was getting bored and whiny, so I will have to look online. The pull toy is very cool!

Anonymous said...

It was a lot of work! Dongdong was hoping that I would construct one large enough that the kids would pull around the house.

montesecrets said...

How creative! This is great! I love hands on activities.