Saturday, March 14, 2009

A fun and adventurous day!

Today was beautiful, 50 degrees. I was still a little chilly (esp. since I'm still recovering from a headache that lasted all day yesterday). but the kids took off their coat once they felt how warm (or un-cold) it was.

Our first stop was Michael's - to take a look at their class offerings and to pick up a few things but we got more info on their b-day packages instead. The kids decorated brownies there and daddy took these pictures.


The first one is J's and the next one is Prime's.

Our next stop was to celebrate a local pottery' 106th year in business. We had b-day cake and toured their facility- everything they sell is handmade and made on-site. I am just in love with some of their designs. Prime wasn't too interested in the tour and often wandered off. I had to follow him to keep him out of trouble and heaven forbid, break any of the stuff. With their price tags, we pretty much could only look/admire. J was much more interested in how to make the pottery, and faithfully stayed with daddy and listened to the tour guide and watched the demonstrations.


The had a "Hare" collection. Aren't these cute? A staff showed us how to make the pottery.

Aren't these darlings? I wasn't a birds fan but I'm starting to really like them. Prime couldn't help but be his goofy self outside the pottery house.

Later, since the pottery location was so close to the water... we decided to check it out as the kids and I have not been there before. The kids had fun feeding the birds (they fed them the brownies made at Michael's and they did eat them). Later we took a leisurely walk and the kids had fun being kids. At one particular place, the kids tested out a few items, like sticks, feathers and rocks on water. They saw that even though the stick floated, it was moving at snail speed while the feather just flew by.


J was already running off to see the birds, while Prime is trying to catch up.

Pretty view. Prime is trying to dance on the rock. Looks like he is worshiping. :) Off he jumps, but unfortunately, he fell flat on his face and got muddy. :(

Our last stop was at this bulk of ice that somebody purposely created. This unexpected find, was a lot of fun for the kids. They loved sliding, exploring, and just being kids.


View from our car... what is that? I think it's a tall evergreen tree and yes, it is melting; water droplets are coming down. Here they go. Prime sliding down.

This is like a cozy icy nest. It's getting chilly especially when hands touch the ice.


Some of the older and braver kids were climbing on the tree inside this ice mountain. Oops... Prime tried to jump off but fell again. Ouch! He is okay but I think it's time to go home. (That's my green vest he is wearing; J cracked up when he saw Prime wearing it. :))

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that should be fun.

Lisa said...

What fun the ice is!!! Neat-o!!!

Erin said...

I love those sweet little birds and that giant snow mound/ cave is awesome!!

Toni said...

that has to be the coolest ice/snow tree I have ever seen how cool is it you got to hangout and play.

What a great day.