+009.jpg)
J drawing Sammy. You can draw anything you want really. But the key is for every letter that is not in your word, you will erase some part of Sammy, like the nose, the cheeks, the face, etc. And if you have not figured out the word before Sammy is completely erased, then oh, well... You can also ask for clues. The word J and Prime came up for me was "toothbrush". I was like gosh that's so many letters. Are you sure it's one word? But finally as I got to " _oo_h_rush", Prime yelled it out, tooth brush and J got annoyed. ;-)
Again on a separate note, since I'm on a roll with the food and inspired by Tammy to make something today with food, this is what I made. I usually don't like to cook but I always like to try new recipes. I think it's the new and experimenting that excites me. :)
I have fresh Italian parsley and fresh pineapple sage, so for snack today I cut up the parsley, along with the stem and few sage leaves, added a swirl of olive oil, some garlic salt, and a tiny bit of wine and viola.
It was a huge hit combined with some yummy crackers. First J and Prime was tentative, then J says, this is good, then Prime tried and approved. :) Sorry I don't have any picture of the paste, we ate it up so fast and all is left is empty bowl and I don't want to show you that. I'm sure many of you make that as well.
They also had canned lychee. Fresh lychee are not yet in season but we love the canned ones too. Sorry, Erin I noticed it has sulfites but perhaps you would enjoy fresh lychees. So for drinks, the kids had lychee juice which is really lychee, sugar and water.
+005.jpg)
No fresh lychee, but this is good substitute. I love those crackers. Italian parsley, and pineapple sage. The pineapple sage should have red leaves later so hopefully it will not die before then. Lucky for me, it is a perennial and there are many yummy looking recipes I'm looking forward to try. I'm very new to gardening so brought these from the store for us to look after.
7 comments:
Hmmm... I've never had a lychee. Wonder what they taste like?
HI, Anet
Lychees are sweet. Kind of difficult to describe. Some says it is like a peeled sweet grape. Most people like it. It is not an "acquired" taste so to speak.
Here is a link about someone's thought's on lychee and how they described it.
http://www.thedeliciouslife.com/2005/07/lychee-magic-dragon-berry/
Sammy is very similar to hangman except it doesn't sound as brutal. I liked to play hangman when I was in the elementary school.
Yes, this game reminds me of hangman a little bit. I LOVED playing that as a kid. :)
The Sammy game looks fun. I'll have to remember that one to play with my kids.
I'll have to use the Sammy game with my son when he gets a little older. Cute idea!
Sammy is just like hangman we like to play both , I had almost forgotten about them time to refresh and play again:-)
Your herbs look so pretty, pineapple sage sounds so interesting, I bet it smells really good. I have some lemon basil and peppermint growing and the smells are so nice, the paste on crackers is a bit like the oil and garlic on foccacia bread you get at Itailian resturants, sounds good and it is wonderful your kids try things. My kids aren;t too picky either and its nice to see them experiment and broaden thier horizons.
Post a Comment