I think it was a good experience for the kids as they enjoyed the open gym time and quickly found a little group to play ball with. J also made a friend, R and she was excited about that. She said they wore similar sneakers and that's how they started talking. :)
+001.jpg)
I also met few other moms and felt very at ease with them. I even got invited to go to this nice lady's house for dinner and fellowship with other Chinese-American homeschoolers. But unfortunately we already have plans. That is so cool as we all speak English (even though some of us can speak Chinese (whether its mandarin, Cantonese or a dialect) but we all prefer to speak in English. However, I'm excited as I will probably be able to go in the summer and meet some other Chinese American homeschoolers. There are not many of us out there at least not where we live and the notion of "homeschooling" is fairly new in to most C-A. Plus most Chinese families have both spouses working.
Later, I decided to check out the newly opened Hobby Lobby near us since I heard they are owned by a Christian family and they donated a large amount to help start the church we go to currently. (Not our particular church, but the 1st one in IL). Anyone, we got a whole bunch of stuff and was like, oh cool, oh fun, oh let's get this and that in the store. The kids were most excited about the wooden man and immediately began drawing on them as soon as we came home. I will let J post her finished product on her little blog.
+006.jpg)
J cracks up at her own drawing; Prime working hard on his.
3 comments:
They definitely look like they had fun. J's smile is so infectious! I can't wait to see their finished guys. :)
I am so excited for you to meet similar families. Good for you D!
I think it's a great idea for J to have her own blog.
Thx for visiting our blog. Yes, I do speak cantonese. I'm originally from HK and my husband is from Japan. So Yoshi is listening to everything (including English between me and my husband). He's a little sponge....
Post a Comment