Tuesday, April 7, 2009

new math program

Today is a better day than yesterday. Still feeling the effects of cold/allergy/sinus, but w/o Benedrayl, at least I feel more alive than yesterday. :)

The kids had a great day. I started them on a new math program and the kids seem to really enjoy it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will become our official math program. J especially enjoy playing school. She loves that I "act" like the teacher and write some stuff on the chalk board. Does that mean she miss school? Hm... Prime is also happy to go along as long as he can get it right and especially when he gets it before J. LOL. And when they both get it, they get excited and want to do it again and again. Honestly, I was quite surprised how long the kids did math. Normally, J is only willing to spend about 5-10 minutes on math and hurries to finish it up. So this is a HUGE thanks to a special someone whom I won't disclose just yet.

Anyway, I'm still just trying to take it easy. I'm starting to really appreciate and understand that "teacher's health is most important." :-)

4 comments:

Sunny said...

I like doing the new math program.

Erin said...

Happy to hear that you're feeling a little more alive today and that the kids are enjoying math!

Michael said...

There are so many math programs available, it can get confusing trying to pick the right one. You really have to know your child to make a good choice.

Lisa said...

I'm going to make a guess here, you (and the babes) are enjoying MEP? I'm so glad to hear that, the more we do the program, the more we like it. I'm not used to looking at numbers the way they do...so I struggle at times, thank goodness for that support group! ;) It really is a great program and they give the parents so many ideas to get their kids thinking.

Feel better soon and make sure to get some rest.