Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Corner View 3- transportation

This week's theme for Corner view, started by Jane, is transportation.

J's favorite, scooter, even though she rides 2 wheeler with back pedal for break too when it's a whole family thing.
Prime's favorite. I'm hoping he'll be able to take off his training wheel and join us on the bike trail.
My favorite. I really need a car but for leisure I like to walk and bike too. Though in NYC and Philadelphia, I had my share of taking bus and the metro, rain, snow, and sun.

In Kyoto, Japan, I had to sharpen my bike riding skills as part of the way to the university I had to use a bike (with a big steep and long slope). It seemed to me, the Japanese are the experts in bike riding. They can ride with one hand while holding an umbrella in another while navigating in streets that is only 1 1/2 lane wide and is shared by 2 way pedestrian, 2 way bikers, and 2 ways cars. It scared all the foreign students who thought they knew how to ride bikes.

Many others are participating. So check them out too.

caitlin, joyce, ani, couturecoucou, kim, a day that is dessert, natsumi, epe, kaylovesvintage, trinsch, c.t.,jeannette, outi, schanett, ritva, dongdong, francesca, state of bliss, jennifer, dana, denise, cabrizette, bohemia girl, ruth, dianna, isabelle, amber, a girl in the yellow shoes, mister e, janis, kari, jgy, jenna, skymring, elizabeth, audrey, allison, lise, cate, mon, victoria, crescent moon, erin, otli, amy, ida, caroline, lisa, dorte, kimmie, la lune dans le ciel, nicola, malo, samantha, kyndale, capturereflection

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Great Corner View D!!! I rode a bike all over the OSU campus, actually I walked it a lot because, unlike the Japanese you mentioned, I was horrible about carrying a bookbag full of books, steering the bike and missing pedestrians!

Erin said...

When I first moved to Columbus right out of H.S. I didn't have a car and walked and took the bus everywhere!

I would love to get a bike, but it's been so long since I have tried to ride one that I would probably need to get training wheels.. lol.

Thank you for sharing!

Joyce said...

Bike riding on campus is great to take the short cuts. great post.

Joy said...

they look so great on their "transportation". How fun!

caitlin said...

Very cool. Those kids look like they are having tons of fun. Thanks for the fun corner post.

Palmer and Co said...

Darling kids you have!! I'm excited to read about your homeschooling adventures... we've contemplated it. Looks like you all have lots of learning adventures all around you! Thanks for sharing!

jane said...

Hi! Great post- especially your description of Japan.:) Hey I´m from Philly! Thanks for posting!-Jane

denise said...

Cute kid shots!

When I lived in Chicago for so many years I never had a car and just walked or took a bus/the el. Bike riding was a life threatening sport, though, so I saved that for only the bike path along the lake on weekends, which was almost life threatening too...not because of psycho cab and truck drivers, but that every single human in the city was also on the trail at the same time! ;)

Anonymous said...

The pictures of your kids are so cute! I have been to Kyoto twice, but I can't remember seeing bikes (it must be me) - ?? - I did see a lot of shrines??!
X, Carmie.