Thursday, April 23, 2009

birds, nature calls and friends

Today, we saw a bird with a red speck. The red really stands out. We also saw a bird with deep green blue head, didn't capture on camera as I was driving. But it was really pretty. I'm glad we are seeing more variety than just the robin though we are fascinated by them tow. We saw one pooping on our deck this morning. :) They are a pretty regular fixture on our deck though I don't think they used our grill for a nest that is sitting out all year round. :) That would actually be nice as we hardly use the grill.


There is the red bird. When the picture is larger, the red stand out a lot more. Bird nest inside thorn bush. Too bad there was no bird egg.

Plant that looks like a caterpillar. Prime learning about earth quake. Their hot little hand made the cap move.


This is what we saw in a parking lot. The pigeon was not scared and came for the bag. Looks like he is doing ballet in the 2nd picture.

J acting like a protective mommy the whole time with K at the playground. She held her most of the time and was not interested in playing with Prime. Usually, she will always find a friend or two, and normally they will be girls and all the girls tend to want Prime to be the bad guy and he really doesn't like that. LOL. But he is okay if its just regular tag.

I was going to upload a video but it seem to take forever... maybe I will try again later. I don't know what animal is making these sounds. Crickets, frogs? As you can see, I'm learning about nature as much as the kids. :)

5 comments:

Tammy said...

The bird with a red speck is called a Red Winged Crow. Last year we really got into bird watching (and even paying attention to birds) and we saw a whole field of them in the spring. We found them in our bird guide, and now seem to see them all the time. I don't think they are more plentiful than they were, it's just that we are finally noticing them.

We are crazy bird watchers here. :)

Potato said...

We have the redbirds here,we know them as red-winged blackbirds. My son knows a song about them and sings it all the time!

Joy said...

J is such a nurturer. Isn't it wonderful to see that develop in your children. :)

dawn klinge said...

I've seen those red winged crows around my house a couple of times..so pretty. I never noticed much more than the sparrows or robins until I had kids. I think that seeing the world again through the eyes of a child one of my favorite parts of being a mom.

Lisa said...

That is a Red-Winged Blackbird, not a crow. Don't mean to sound like a know it all. ;)