I just saw a fabulous post on Lisa of 5 orange potatoes's blog. She always have fabulous posts but this time, the author of her posted poem caught my eye... Christina Rossetti. Sorry I don't have a picture to go along with the poem like Ms. Lisa's. Her pictures of her daughters are so cute! Anyways.... (I hope it is by the same author and not just 2 authors with the same name. ) :O
Share with you one of my favorite poems (as well as J's). We saw this poem in First Language Lessons for the Well-Trained Mind by Jessie Wise. In general, I like short poems. :)
The Caterpillar
Christina G. Rossetti
Brown and furry
Caterpillar in a hurry;
Take your walk To the shady leaf, or stalk.
May no toad spy you,
May the little birds pass by you;
Spin and die,
To live again a butterfly.
4 comments:
Yep, that is the same author. She is fantastic....great lady for an author study this month! The Caterpillar is one of my favorites!
what a fabulous idea, Lisa! Thank you. I found the Sing-Song book on-line and have requested that book from the library. How fun. :)
Thanks so much for dropping by my blog. :-) Please let me know how your washer-felting turns out. And thanks for the lovely Caterpillar poem. DS is fascinated by caterpillars these days, so I think he'll love it!
What a sweet lovely poem. :)
Post a Comment