The first "tea party" was at the library, in celebration of Beatrix Potter. I didn't bring my camera but the librarian took pictures of all the kids individually posing with Peter Rabbit and she will email us the pictures. Sweet. The kids had a great time with story, games (fishing, grabbing bee out of a prize box, buttoning Peter Rabbit -with stickers), snacks, stamp, P rabbit stickers, coloring sheets, rabbit crafts, etc. My kids was so into coloring they didn't want to leave.
The second "tea party" was more of a protest "against government overspending and overtaxing of its citizens", I believe. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. There is no tea here... someone was kind and gave us their flag. We should have brought our own. This was more of my hubby's idea of going but I receive the info through my homeschool group as well so we decided to tag along and it turned out to be good experience. I'm not really into politics... but I might pay more attention now. They have the "tea party" in many different cities in my area. Our state reprentative was also there and made a little speech though we could not see him. There were reportedly over 2,500 people there. So it is considered an amazing turn out.
The pictures will show you a little bit about my corner of the world. :)
+047.jpg)
Walking down to the rally; At the rally... the signs are so great. People got really creative and are speaking out!
+035.jpg)
Prime having a good time and cheering with everyone.
So what do you guys think? Would you have supported this? Why or why not?
8 comments:
Wow D, how cool that you got to participate in this. These are great shots. I think this is perfect to share with Jane's theme.
I have been to Beatrix Potter's home in the Lake District.I didn't know she was celebrated so much in the USA.
I am adding you to my links for Corner View.
Your little corner of the world looks so sweet and charming. :) I hope to one day come visit you there!
Love the idea of a Beatrix Potter tea party.. would have totally gone to that one!
Ian, where haven't you been?
Thanks for sharing your corner of the world with us! I love the idea of home schooling. I always learn the most when I am teaching.
kim (corner view friend)
Haha I was wondering what a tea party of the political sort was. I had no idea. looks like fun.
Beatrix Potter, teaparties...sounds you have fun in your corner of the world. ;))
Looking forward to more of your adventures.
Cool! Both tea parties sound great! I couldn't go to ours, but I certainly watched. I think this was great!
Love the pics! I love Beatrix Potter--and I think the protest tea parties are quite the interesting idea! It would have been interesting to be there. Thank you for sharing with us!
Post a Comment