I started with a simple cold, then progressively it became a sinus/allergy problem. The usual symptoms.... I took all the preventive measures but none of them did enough for me to notice anything different. I finally took 1 Benadryl Allergy & Headache pill this morning. Goodness, it almost wiped me out. My whole body felt limp and even my brain couldn't do much and since the kids were playing, I couldn't really fall asleep as I lie in bed just lifeless. I can feel the effect of the drug in my entire body.
I'll have to remember not to take that medicine again. "Drowsy" just doesn't cut it. I'm not sure what word to use, but it is a lot worse than simply "drowsy".
What I really need is to actually fall asleep so if the medicine knocked me out, it would also be good. But I was just hung there. Luckily, hubby was able to work from home today and was able to take care of a few things for me.
The kids enjoyed themselves though they had a lot of little squabbles.... to much togetherness is not always a good thing.
I gotta put in here though that last night Prime insisted on making paper clothes for "Ang" (his name for his little wooden man: That's from the show "The Avatar- the last air bender") and he did. He wanted to do it all by himself, the drawing, the cutting, the fitting, the gluing. (No help wanted nor necessary) And this early morning, he wanted J to show him how to make clothes using felt and J did, but really she did the whole thing for Prime. Now she also got a little yellow clothed gnome. :)
Thank goodness, the effect of the drug is wearing off and I can be my semi-self.
8 comments:
aww!! hope you feel better , I am having allergy issues too my head has been ready to explode all day. Hang in there, spring pollen will be done in a few weeks- I hope:-)
Hope you feel better soon..... :)
Oh geez, Benadryl is the worst!!! It has the same effect on me, I won't take it anymore. I hope you feel better fast.
Yeah that Benadryl is crazy stuff. I felt the same way when I took it. Scary! I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you feel better!
Oh love, I hope you start feeling healthy again soon! Cold and sinus medicine always makes me feel sort of jittery, like I just drank a ton of coffee, but am in a numb trance at the same time. If you have to take something, I have noticed that Claritin helps best with allergies, with the least amount of side effects. For sinus headaches I usually just have to put a hot washcloth over my face and J believes strongly in the Neti pot. I'm right there with you.. hang in there!
Thanks, ladies!
I'm glad I'm not the only who feel that way about Benadryl. Maybe next time I will try Claritin. Yeah, I like the hot washcloth idea too.
That sounds like a rough day. I hope you're feeling better today.
Post a Comment