Friday, April 3, 2009

better than store bought

I have never been one really keen on making my own toys for my children, mostly because my talent is short in this particular area. And honestly, there is just not enough time in the day to do everything I wish I can do.

But here is one " toy/plaything" the kids made that are currently all the rage in my house. I commented to J that they played with their own handmade toy longer than any store brought toys and the best part is her brother and her can both share and not worry about running out of them because they can always make more for themselves. And many they did make together... I think about 20 + all together.

To see what they are, click here.

3 comments:

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Thanks for your prayers:)
What a great project. We will have to try some origami when we are feeling better.

Pussnae said...

Love those little oragami guys. I think when they make something themselves they feel connected to it and just want to play with it more.

Toni said...

thats great, they are so excited about thier own creativity.