Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A flurry of coloring

I'm still feeling sick.... *sigh*... and we are leaving for passover retreat tomorrow night so I really need to get well to be able to go. So I have been praying and resting. It's just hard to lie still and do nothing. I think I need to learn from Prime. My little boy can meditate for a long time and he look so cute doing it. I'll have to take a picture of him doing it sometimes. : ) J, on the hand, have a really hard time and can't do it for more than a minute. I think this has something to do with the fact she reads w/o pausing after the period. Anyone has any advice for that???

Prime has been doing a lot of coloring.... he is still coloring....





On the other hand, we are planting a pineapple.... will let you how that turns out. Anyone ever plant a pineapple? I saw the idea in this book about the Colonial people.

7 comments:

Anet said...

I sure hope you feel well enough to go!
I've told Noah that the period was a signal to breathe. He likes to leave them out of his writing sometimes. I tell him, as I'm reading his writing..."I'm running out of breath!"

Get Well Wishes!

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry you are still feeling so bad. Araina is now under the weather, fever, headache and bellyache.

Fauna doesn't pause for periods everytime either. This is common in early readers, just keep reminding her periodically, she will eventually get it. I like Anet's advice as well.

Lisa said...

We are trying to grow a pineapple too...failed on the first try, it rotted and smelled. PU!! Trying again, here's a great link.... http://www.rickswoodshopcreations.com/Pineapple/pineapple.htm

Erin said...

Hope you have a speedy recovery so you will be well enough to go.

My boys would love a Ninja Turtles coloring book!

I have been craving pineapple lately. :)

Tammy said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon....... :)

Toni said...

I will pray you get well for ypur retreat/

a pineapple sounds fun and vry yummy/

dongdong said...

Thanks, everyone for you well wishes.

Lisa, I'm sorry to hear about Ariana. I sure hope she feels better soon. Thank you for your advice. I wish there was a book that told me what is common and what is not. It's all confusing to me. I'm glad I have a "teacher" friend. :)

Thank you, Anet! If only J will listen... guess I'll just try to be patient.