We started something new for language arts. Previously, J copied verses from Enki stories and we are still continuing with that but in following bits from the book "The Well Trained Mind" which is like the bible in classical education, I also added copy work from J's current reading list.
Today, she copied from "All of a kind of Family" by Sydney Taylor, a book recommended by Enki. In return, I told her she can skip writing daily journals. But on days she really wants to, she can write journals in place of the copy work but copy work will become a more regular requirement.
I have noticed that as she copies, she is already learning indentation in a new paragraph, spacing behind the start of another sentence, spelling all quite naturally. She is also discovering the importance of paying attention to details which is one of the areas that J needs lots of practice.
No comments:
Post a Comment