Tuesday, January 20, 2009

schedule

Today is our first official day of homeschooling both J and Prime. I'm in the process of observing our natural rhythm now that J is also home.

But here is some of the things I plan on doing daily with them:

1. Reading and discussing the Bible (NLT) with them (currently on Proverbs, ch19)
2. Listening to an Enki story (today The Holly and the Evergreen)
3. Play games (it was Mancala today) -1st time J and I were even, 2nd time, J won. I better be careful next time. :-)
4. Free play (they are really good at this one! LOL)
5. Physical Activity (J invented a balloon game and they were having a blast and getting lots of exercise)
6. Math Lesson for J (today it was "halves", extended out of Mancala and also out of what she learned at school) and some worksheets for practice
7. Journal writing for J (this was something established at her school and something she automatically does by herself)
8. Independent reading for J (she is reading couple books at a time)
9. Reading aloud practice for J (and PRIME if he is so inclined)
10. Chores (PRIME practiced cutting apples again)
11. Chinese immersion (this is something I need to remind myself: to speak in Chinese with them)
*** After I consult with Beth Sutton, founder of Enki Education, hopefully I will have more ideas what to do with J girl language arts wise. But my current thought is working with her to write simple summaries and book reports.

I was guided by the Holy Spirit and found a wonderful website for book reports as well as a really good resource for a host of other things:

http://www.donnayoung.org/index.htm

Thank you, God!

No comments: