So far today has been a really productive day for us. In the morning, J wrote her journal, completed her math worksheets while Prime played.
Then we went to McDonald for late breakfast/snack and they found quite a few friends. They played hide-n-seek in the McDonald play structure with their new "friends" and also played table hockey while I did my bible study.
Then we came home and Prime asked me to read him "The shoemaker and the elves" again. He really enjoyed that story. We also read "The Holly and the Evergreen" for the 3rd time from Enki K nature stories. I made lunch for myself since the kids said they were not hungry.
After that, the kids did some free painting while I did some house work. Then we did our adventure circle. We tried another mom's adventure circle (this is the 2nd time) and the kids loved it. Thanks, Shelly!
J also made a lot of improvement in her coordination. They were always giggling and in such good mood. They loved the finger play. I think that one is really a winner.
After the circle, I read some bible (Proverbs) to them. This is always a good time for us and creates a lot of discussion. Later J did some independent reading and read aloud while Prime played. Then we took turns reading "Best Friends for Frances" to Prime for like a hundred times. He memorized many parts of the stories, and sometimes will voluntarily read couple pages! I was so amazed.
Then I took a little nap and the kids played on their own. After I had my little rest, we all did some chores around the house. For the kids, that means putting their clothes away and picking up the toys. They also have a daily chore which is to take care of Fluffy, our hamster. They clean his cage every few days, and give him fresh food and water daily. Once in a while, the food/water falls on me or daddy.
While I was on the computer, I hear J teaching Prime pledge of allegiance. They are so good together.
This evening, we are planning to go swimming and that will pretty much wrap our day. :) Maybe we will be able to sneak in a family game after the swim and I will get a chance to watch a little TV and read little more on Enki math games. I think that will be fun for the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment