For Chinese New Year, I give J/Prime option of wearing their Chinese clothes and they all happily ran to put them on. Then since it is Chinese New Year, we read a couple of Chinese books. These are the equivalent of Level 1 books in English. J can understand all and recognize most words in Chinese and Prime can understand some. Any way, they are cute books with flaps. I wish I had more of these for them.
Okay, getting to the real topic: craft. It has been a while since we have done a craft. So today we did a little drawing, cutting and sewing. I got the idea from another Enki mom. Thanks, Jennifer. The book we used for this project is called, "My first Sewing book hand sewing" by Winky Cherry.
J learned sewing for the 1st time and was a very fast learner. She even made the knot rubbing her index finger and thumb. First, she was afraid the needle would be sharp and poke her but I reassured her the needle I'm letting her use is not sharp and will not hurt her even if she did accidentally poked at herself. Anyway, she found out that to be true and was not hurt.
She finished her project: a dolphin stuffed with wool stuffing. After wards, they took some of the wool stuffing and pretended they are blankets for their animal friends. I think J/PRIME liked that part the best. ;-)
+004.jpg)
+005.jpg)
+007.jpg)
PRIME still drawing his little "ghost", J already tracing hers on the felt; PRIME cutting out his "ghost"; J sewing her dolphin.
Here is her stuffed dolphin, sewn and stuffed mostly by J with minimal supervision from mom. She chose blue thread so it does not show up well but I guess that looks more like a dolphin.In case you are wondering, Prime will finish his "ghost" in the afternoon. Lunch is calling us. :)
1 comment:
Glad that book worked well for you, too!
Post a Comment