But since that is a 1st grade math story, I told him to wait until its his time. J have already heard the story and done the summary/drawing for that story. Later today, we are actually going to bake a blueberry pie together. This is will be our first time making blueberry pie, so we are all excited.
I have noticed J seem to be more taken with Bimwili than the Enki 1st grade fairy tale so maybe I will try more kindergarten-type fairy tale stories with her. Perhaps it is the length of the story. I feel Enki 1st grade fairy tale story tend to be long; maybe it is because they don't speak to me and don't speak to J. I don't know. I talked to Beth Sutton, who is the founder of Enki Education, and she suggested that I use the Enki method but use stories that J really likes and try the 1st grade fairy tale once in a while and see if they speak to her or mirror her development.
For Chinese culture today, I let the kids have "sweet water chestnut". This is a candy which is eaten only during Chinese new year. J really like it while Prime not so much. I think he was not hungry at the time so food held no appeal to him.
The Chinese character on the package is upside down and is done purposely so that the lucky will "come". In Chinese, "come" and "down" is similar therefore the up-side-down character of LUCK.We have also been watching Chinese drama, mostly me. But the kids like to watch too, especially Prime. He understands the least Chinese in our family but laughs the hardest during the movie. He likes to watch people's faces and there is a servant in the movie who always makes funny faces at the bad guys and say funny things.
We also got new books from the library and I will update the list of books Prime and J reads.
No comments:
Post a Comment