Thursday, January 29, 2009

The joy of friends

Today, I took J back to her school to attend the "accelerated reader party". This party is from the 2Q where J read enough books and passed enough reading quizzes and qualified to attend this party. The librarian from her school was nice enough that she sent J an invitation to attend the party even though she no longer is a student there.

Anyway, I walked J to her ex-classroom few minutes before the school was over to see if she can stay there for a few minutes while I get out of the school before things gets crazy in the parking lot.

The second an x-classmate of J's saw her, he said, "J, we missed you. When are you coming back?" LOL. Then, before I knew it, a swarm of friends came over and they were surrounding J and doing a big group hug in a circle. It was so touching. I couldn't see J's face as she was facing the classroom. On the way to her 1st grade class room, her Kindergarten teacher saw J and was really happy to see J even though she was talking to another parent at the time. But she held J's hand for a long time. So that was really sweet too! It is such a joy and blessing to have friends. I'm so glad J has so many people who love her.

Here is J's picture from the Enki math story of "Miss Many More":

This is a counting-by story.

No comments: