Today, W boy played few math games on the computer. First he did some counting and matching with the numeral. Then he played a game called "count to 100". Many of the digits were missing and he had to fill in the missing digits. He learned fast that 35 is 3 first, then 5 and 66 is 6 then 6 and so forth. To him, they are "backwards". I'm not sure what he meant by that.
He really enjoyed learning how to play the "count to 100" game even though this game is a little long and takes some patience. We also listened to a math song from the same website. The song is about what 11-20 means, i.e 11 is ten plus one more, etc. W boy did not really understand the song, and I had to show him visually using some beads.
Think Math is the curriculum CCA uses and so far I like it very much. The pace is fairly fast so definitely requires the child to have had a good foundation.
No comments:
Post a Comment