Tuesday, December 9, 2008

a discussion with W boy

Today, I had to catch up on all the house work that has been piling up since I haven't been feeling well. So we did quite a bit of that in the morning. As we were putting the laundry away, W boy was whining about how he can't put a pair of his daddy's socks together. So we got into a little discussion about how God wants us to have joy and does not wants us to whine. And that if he is tired, he should say so, go rest, then continue when he is more rested. Or if he needs help, ask for it clearly instead of whine and pout. So after that, he got up and put all his clothes away without any whining and even helped to dust.

Then while we were having lunch, we discussed about being considerate of others. W boy actually understood what the word "considerate" meant which surprised me a little. One example I gave to him is when he shares food with others which he does share but a lot of times after someone had a drink/bite to eat, W boy will say,"hey, don't drink/eat it all." So we talked about while it is good he shares, the last part shows he is more concerned about himself than the other person.

Another example we talked about was when someone says hi to him, even when he is feeling mad/sad, he should have the self-control and be considerate and still say hi back. We also talked about how God wants little children to obey parents and to honor their parents and what it means to bring "honor" to parents. I gave him a few example of times when he did bring honor to us, and he had big smiles on his face.

Then we also talked about some of things he does that does not bring "honor" to us such as interrupting a conversation. Unless it is an "emergency", which I explained to him as something that needs to be taken care of right away, like he have a nose bleed, he broke/spilled somethings, someone else is hurt, he should just wait there and we will understand he needs something. I also told him what is not an emergency like if he needs help watching a video, fixing a toy, etc.

Furthermore, we talked about not pointing our fingers at others. I showed him how it feels to have fingers pointed at him, and he did not like it. So we had a discussion on that it is rude to do that and that if someone is overweight, we don't call the person fat for that is also rude. W boy remembered he did that once at Walmart when he was younger.

Anyway, we had a really good discussion and we talked about more things than I have time to write. But it was really good and I think W boy learned a lot. We also talked about heaven, what is shame, what Adam/Eve did to be ousted out of the Garden of Eden. W boy remembered it was the tree of knowledge while I struggled to remember the name of the tree. In addition, we talked about how Satan lies/cheats and wants to kill us but God wants/knows the best for us. There was just so much we talked about. W boy and I both enjoyed our little discussion. :)

No comments: