J is proving to a very adventurous girl. I forgot my camera today for our outing so no pics to show you. First she ran and jumped on her tube to slide down hill. Then she led us to all the way to the top of the "mound" and digging her feet into about 6"-8" of snow in some places. W boy and I had a hard time keeping up with her. Then when she got up to the top of mound, at least she said, "whoa, this is really steep. I thought it was a little hill." It was a nearly perpendicular slope maybe shy of 20 feet in height. She decided to slide down just with her bottom, sans her tube. Then W boy did the same.
The big problem was they could not climb back up. Though J/W was not willing to give up but they would climb a little and slide down and they are not even 1/4 way up. They had some good team work mainly with J trying to help W up. So I slide down to help them climb up but I discovered I could not climb up either. So we trudged around the "mound" in 6-8inchs of snow to find a less steep slope to climb up.
I was getting concerned at this point, not sure whether we could climb up or not. Or maybe we had to walk even further in this deep snow. Luckily, we were able to climb up on a lesser steep slope though that was a lot of hard work. Both the kids needed lots of help especially since we also had to lug our snow tubes. We definitely got our work out on this cold(14F) day.
We are so glad to be able to come home and just enjoy the warmth of our house. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment